For More Information:
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
APPLETON, WISC. – March 2, 2017 – Catalysis today announced it will host a Lean Leadership Series at Seattle Children’s Hospital on May 2-5, 2017. The series is a multi-day, multi-workshop event designed to teach lean leader skills and practices. A broad range of topics are covered such as coaching skills, the scientific method of problem solving and the key components of enterprise excellence. CE credits are available.
The series is designed to transform healthcare professionals into leaders who drive higher value in their organizations.
“Management in a lean organization is built on leaders who coach, ask effective questions and solve problems,” said Marta Karlov, director of education at Catalysis. “Fostering this new kind of leadership is the first step on healthcare’s Transformation Roadmap.”
The Lean Leadership Series allows participants to develop their own learning tracks by registering for up to three of the following sessions:
- A3 Thinking
- Better Metrics: Understanding Variation and Managing Performance
- The Building Blocks of Enterprise Excellence
- Creating a Lean Management System
- Kata: A Pattern for Continuous Improvement and Coaching
- Lean Fundamentals for Healthcare Leaders
- Go-and-See at Seattle Children’s Hospital
The series blends classroom learning, gemba tours, and networking to offer a relevant, hands-on mix of experiences.
“The content is critical for any leader who aspires to become a lean leader,” said Luke Poppish, senior lean advisor of South Shore Hospital in Massachusetts. “This is a ‘just do it’ for all organizations struggling to find their way on their lean journey.”
“Coaching for Improvement was the most valuable workshop I’ve ever attended,” said Leah Mitchell of Salem Health. “As an executive healthcare leader, it caused me to reflect on how I lead and how to develop others.”
Lean Leadership Series
– Insights from experts across a variety of disciplines
– Choose three of six innovative learning experiences, including one gemba
– Highly interactive sessions to allow for practice and learning from peers
– CE credits available
– Visit createvalue.org to learn more or to register
– Contact Sara Thompson at [email protected] with any questions
Catalysis inspires healthcare leaders and accelerates change. With a focus on experiential education, Catalysis helps healthcare leaders in the United States and Europe create system-wide, transformative change. We believe in care delivery designed around the patient, payment and incentives based on value and outcomes, and transparency of performance (quality and cost). Founded in 2008, Catalysis is a not for profit with a mission to help create more healthcare value in the industry. Learn more at: createvalue.org.