- Most scheduling through employee/occupational health
- ACTION: Need a “call list” to fill in for no-shows
- People were showing up at a time different from their scheduled time. ACTION: Create a plan to deal with this situation
- ACTION: Need a list that prioritizes who “should” get a shot first
- ACTION: Recommend polling for the list of volunteers to get the vaccine
- Needles were getting bent and/or dull when inserted into the vials for a draw.
- ACTION: Have spare needles on hand
- There have been some reported reactions by those on our call today (severity unknown)
- ACTION: Have Code Team ready
- Delivery of vaccine to the nurses
- ACTION: Create tight communications with the area (pharmacy) preparing vials and the nurses administering doses to keep product flowing and a pace of administration.
- Some vials had more than 5 doses. OK to use up all product in vial message came out today from Pfizer
- Need new workflows for when Moderna vaccine arrives. ACTION: Begin designing new workflows now
- Patients are receiving a piece of paper as an official document of vaccine
- Patients are being required to sign a consent form like the flu vaccine
- 70% of people on the sharing call stated they have begun administering the vaccine to staff
- 80% of people on the sharing call stated the organization had a formal communications process on the vaccine
- Over 80% stated that the perceived willingness from front-line stall about getting the vaccine rated it 4 or 5 (0-5 scale. 5=Very Willing). Improved opinion from the last session. Not a scientific study.
- Anyone willing to share other notes or action items, please share with us.