At a time of unprecedented healthcare industry turmoil and growing inroads by competitors from CVS to Amazon, hospital CEOs and senior leaders need an innovative, comprehensive approach to strategic thinking.
In Patient-Centered Strategy
, Jeff Hunter, a leading healthcare strategic planner for more than 40 years, describes a powerful new system for strategy formulation—one that derives value from an in depth understanding of patients’ needs, and unites senior leaders with frontline caregivers in the creative process.
He helps you identify your current strategic issues, formulate solutions, and then determine “What must be true” to solve problems and explore opportunities. Patient-Centered Strategy
describes proven techniques on how to test your solutions quickly and then deploy the results effectively throughout your entire organization for sustained transformation.
Jeff shows senior executives:
- How to shed outdated mental models of strategic planning that inhibit creative thinking and behavior
- How to discover unmet needs, then create unique and meaningful value for customers
- How to connect with frontline caregivers in the discovery and creative process
- How to put real strategy back into strategy deployment
- How to make meaningful choices to reduce institutional overburden
- How to use scientific problem-solving to create solutions
- How to conduct small scale experiments that lead to large-scale transformation
- How to model the learning process to create more value faster
- How to use visual management and leader standard work to stay aligned and focused
is also a powerful story of personal change, tracing Jeff’s journey from a conventional planner to an innovative practitioner on the cutting edge of 21st
century strategic thinking.