Lean Management System in Action
Is your healthcare organization struggling to sustain improvement gained through the application of lean principles? Are you facing challenges in implementing daily improvement and aligning work to strategic goals? Would you like to see what a management system looks like in action?
Managing a lean organization requires a different type of leadership and a shift from management-by-objectives to management-by-process. A lean management system enables the adoption of management by the process, regulates the flow of information from the front lines to senior leaders and back, fosters engagement of all employees in process improvement, and allows for daily coaching and teaching. During this overview session, participants will learn about a journey to develop a lean management system at a healthcare organization and experience an in-depth framework for each element that comprises it. Participants will have the opportunity to go and see many elements in action throughout the two-day experience. Exercises are geared toward managers in operations who are working to implement elements in their departments and PI leaders supporting the management system implementation
At the conclusion of this activity, participants should be better able to:
- Describe what good looks like in management system elements used to sustain daily improvement work.
- Examine the importance of the role the management system plays in achieving sustainable results and accountability.
- Illustrate the link of the principles and behaviors of organizational excellence to the foundational elements of a Lean Management System.
- Demonstrate how a Lean Management System can be operationalized in healthcare settings.
- Create a plan of how to incorporate the concepts of a Lean Management System to their daily work
Schedule: Wednesday, September 28 from 8:30am-4:30pm ET and Thursday, September 29 from 8:30am-2:30pm ET
Registration Fees: $1499 per person
*Discounts available to Catalysis Healthcare Value Network members. Contact us at [email protected] for more information.
Target Audience: Leaders from operations with Performance Improvement (PI) team members, including physicians, nurses and healthcare executives
Recommended reading: Beyond Heroes: A Lean Management System for Healthcare by Kim Barnas, Creating a Lean Culture: Tools to Sustain Lean Conversions, 3rd Edition by David Man