Does your healthcare organization aspire to have a culture of continuous improvement? If so, how will you effectively engage everybody in this process? Can you create a community of problem solvers who are improving the things that matter to patients, to staff, and to your healthcare organization’s bottom line?
This learning experience is focused on the role that senior executives and other leaders need to play in creating and sustaining a culture of continuous improvement. Through discussions and interactive exercises, participants will better understand the “kaizen” style of continuous daily improvement, and they will develop a plan to take back to their organizations.
Following this learning session, participants will be able to:
- Explain how to identify, discuss and implement improvements in a Kaizen and PDSA model.
- Describe the importance of documenting, sharing and celebrating improvements.
- Recognize the connections and complementary nature of Rapid Improvement Events and Daily Continuous Improvement.
- Identify the barriers that exist in traditional healthcare organizational cultures, what needs to change, and how those new behaviors and practices can be modeled by executives.
- Practice coaching, collaborating, and mentoring others on key behaviors that are necessary for a culture of continuous improvement.
- Discuss how Kaizen practices and leadership behaviors fit into a daily Lean Management System process.
The objectives will be achieved through a combination of online learning (a private on-demand webinar that introduces Kaizen basics before the class), facilitated discussions, interactive exercises, and a “gemba visit” to a Catalysis Healthcare Value Network member that practices daily continuous improvement.
"This workshop helped me think about how we need to start doing more daily/small improvements, and some ideas of how to start." Virginia Cosgriff, Lean Specialist, Mayo Clinic Health System - Franciscan Healthcare
"This course addresses real barriers leaders face for continuous improvement and provides tips and strategies to move forward." Tom Laak, Continuous Improvement Manager, Blood Center of Wisconsin
Duration: 1 Day (8:00am - 4:00pm)
Faculty: Mark Graban
Who Should Attend: Clinical and nonclinical executives and leaders across the healthcare industry
This education experience is available for onsite delivery for your teams upon request. For more information, please contact our Education Team at 920-659-7471 or [email protected].