Is your Finance function fully supporting your efforts to implement lean, or are they continuing to use traditional budgeting practices? Is there a better way to plan and control?
During this learning session you will learn how leading-edge organizations like M.D. Anderson Cancer Center, Thedacare and Park Nicollet have changed their traditional budgeting process to eliminate thousands of wasted hours of effort, in favor of a more dynamic way of managing financial performance. These organizations have found that budgeting is both a philosophical road block to lean thinking and a process with tremendous waste.
Participants will learn and practice how to apply the 12 Beyond Budgeting principles to eliminate waste and maximize performance, and will explore how rolling forecasts, dynamic resource allocations, and relative performance measures provide greater support for lean implementations to drive improved results.
Following this learning session, participants will be able to:
- Identify the waste that fills traditional budgeting practices and what lean finance can do that is more effective
- Evaluate leading-edge lean healthcare organizations that have already eliminated annual budgets
- Explain how the 12 Beyond Budgeting principles lead to a more accountability and a higher performing organization
- Develop a specific case for change and action plan for improvement
- Describe how finance can truly support lean implementation
"Beyond Budgeting seminar is the key to real and relevant planning for organizations. Steve Player was great, with many, many examples that were real world." - Jim Read, Vice President of Finance at Parkview Health.
Duration: 1 Day (8:00am - 4:00pm)
Faculty: Steve Player
Who Should Attend: CFO’s, controllers, directors of financial planning and accounting, senior leadership team members, and lean implementation leaders
Click here for complete information on CE credits, provided by MetaStar
This education experience is available for onsite delivery for your team upon request. For more information, please contact our Education Team at 920-659-7471 or [email protected].
Click here to learn more about the DVD Moving Beyond Budgeting in Healthcare