Too much work and not enough time? Feel like at the end of the day you have done a thousand tasks, but didn’t get anything accomplished? Far too often we work on the “trivial many” and not focus on the “critical few.”
Leader Standard Work can help overcome that frustration. The concept of Leader Standard Work isn’t new, yet many organizations struggle with properly using this powerful tool. During this training, you will learn what Leader Standard Work is, how to create an interlocking system of Leader Standard Work and then successfully implement at Gemba. Most importantly, you will also dive into how to maintain it with the powerful Kamishibai audit system and roll it into a Leadership Accountability Board.
At the end of this session, participants will be able to:
- Identify the four Elements of Lean Leader’s Standard Work.
- Describe the purpose, method and benefits to create a Leader Standard Work program, including the layering and interlocking of Leader Standard Work at various levels of the organization.
- Diagnose “misses” on Leader Standard work and what actions are required.
- Integrate Leader Standard Work with “Gemba Walks with Purpose” and Visual Management systems.
- Understand the key elements, benefits and importance of Leader Accountability Boards.
Faculty: Mike (Jeffery) Hill or other Beckman Coulter/Danaher staff
Schedule: 1-day (8:00 am - 4:00 pm)
Recommended reading: Beyond Heroes: A Lean Management System for Healthcare by Kim Barnas, Creating a Lean Culture: Tools to Sustain Lean Conversions, 3rd Edition by David Mann
Recommended Prerequisite Sessions: None
Who Should Attend: Clinical and nonclinical leaders across the healthcare industry
Fountain Valley, CA February 21, 2018
Chicago, IL June 13, 2018