Is your organization working around the medical staff as it attempts to optimize the care delivery process to achieve higher value for patients? A growing number of organizations are experimenting with successful strategies to work closely with providers in the improvement of the delivery of care. Designing the plan to engage providers is an innovative two-day program that addresses the root cause of poor provider engagement in improvement. Participants will learn how to create a plan specific to your organization’s needs.
This session will be highly interactive, including gemba visits to sites where providers are participating in daily improvement. Prior to the session participants will complete an assessment which is designed to better understand the current state of their individual organizations provider engagement. The faculty will help participants decide what the new future state of provider engagement should like and then help them develop a plan to get there.
At the end of this session, participants will be able to:
- Identify how operational excellence principles transform organizational culture.
- Explain the role of the CEO and senior leaders in engaging providers in the lean transformation.
- Describe the components of a productive medical staff-organization compact.
- Discuss how the governance structure of the organization contributes to successful collaboration efforts.
- Identify common pitfalls in the path to engaging physicians in care process redesign.
- Develop a plan to address provider engagement barriers specific to your organization.
"A must for any physician looking to improve their organization, whether just starting or well along on its lean journey." Chris Jankowski, Physician at Mayo Clinic
"Catalysis workshops continue to foster my lean growth and development, widening my network while inspiring my actions." Steve Roey, Medical Director, Lean Promotion Office at Palo Alto Medical Foundation
Faculty: James D. Marks, MD, PhD, Monk Elmer, MD, or John Toussaint, MD - Click on date for faculty details.
Duration: 2 Days (Day 1, 8:00am- 4:00pm and Day 2, 8:00am - 3:00pm)
Pre-reading: A Management, Leadership, and Board Road Map to Transforming Care for Patients, from Health Administration Press by John Toussaint, MD; The Promise of Lean in Healthcare from Mayo Clinic by John Toussaint, MD and Leonard Berry PhD
Who Should Attend: Senior executives, medical directors and physician leaders. Ideally team members attend together.
San Francisco, CA March 13-14, 2018
Click here for complete information on CE credits, provided by MetaStar