Are you interested in seeing firsthand what physicians do in a lean environment?
Join us for an innovative education program that takes you behind the scenes of redesigned patient care and answers your questions about leadership lessons learned, strategy, underlying principles and tools, and quality outcomes achieved. During the session, facilitated by a physician leader in the organization, in collaboration with operational managers and directors, participants will be able to discuss with their peers what to expect from the lean approach to improvement. In addition, practical experience will include learning the concept of Toyota's "kata" or improvement routine, and practicing by applying this thinking to a real problem in the host organization.
At the end of the 1-day program, participants will achieve the following objectives:
- Assess firsthand the end-to-end flow and standard work of redesigned care that allows for more efficient MD/staff time
- Demonstrate the core components of lean: Standard Work, True North, PDSA
- Discuss principles of operational excellence
- Describe key quality outcomes achieved and drivers leading to that success
- Evaluate lessons learned from leadership and what would have been done differently
- Discuss organizational cultural development and leadership models that facilitate operational excellence
"Lean for the Practicing Physician was excellent. The faculty were very skillful and purposeful in connecting Lean principles to the clinician's mindset. Lean is often seen as a foreign skillset used only by certain individuals and with a slight adjustment in the lens of understanding one can see how close Lean practice is to a clinician's practice. This kind of connection can help activate physicians in our Lean journey and help us provide the very best care to our patients." Chris Decker, MD, Chief Transformation Officer, Medical College of Wisconsin
Duration: 1 Day (8:00am - 4:00pm)
Faculty: Joann Falkenburg, MD
Who Should Attend: Physicians and Operational Leaders
This education experience is available for onsite delivery for your teams upon request. For more information, please contact our Education Team at 920-659-7471 or [email protected].