Is your senior leadership team fully aligned around an approach toward operational excellence and high reliability? Do they know what their next steps should be?
During this 2-day session, facilitated by a senior leader and a lean coach with extensive experience in driving organizational transformation, the executive team of your organization will deepen their understanding about their current state and develop a plan to address key gaps to transformation.
Key objectives for the organization include:
- Describe how high performing healthcare organizations are delivering reliable, high quality care through operational excellence based on lean manufacturing principles.
- Learn about the management practices required to foster an environment of continuous process improvement to consistently exceed performance to standards.
- Practice a repeatable process for high functioning teams to design, study, and adjust effective experiments to address barriers to operational excellence.
- Develop a comprehensive strategic plan to address the key barriers to providing ready access to care and creating a culture of safety and effective processes for safe and reliable care.
At the end of the session the organization will obtain the following deliverables:
- A summary document outlining the detailed analysis performed by participants and specific tactics to implement strategies during a planning horizon of 12-18 months.
- An action plan for the organization to achieve, sustain and continuously improve measurable performance.
Day 1 – 8:00AM – 4:00PM
- Introduction: Context for Session from CEO
- Introduction of Participants
- Key Organizational Measures and Leadership Initiatives
- Gemba Walk and Debrief
- Current State: Perceptions of Organization’s Lean Maturity
- Target State: Perceptions of Leadership
- The Role of the Senior Leader in Changing the Culture and Lean Transformation Key Elements
- Gap Analysis
- Day 1 Reflection
Day 2 - 8:00AM – 3:00PM
- Overnight Reflections
- Prioritize Gaps
- Strategies to Close Gaps and Address Business Case
- Key Experiments for Success to Execute Strategies
- Session Reflections
Duration: 2 Days
Faculty: John Toussaint, MD or Kim Barnas and Marta Karlov, MPH
Who Should Attend: Senior Leadership Team and Key Stakeholders
This education experience is available for onsite delivery for your teams upon request. For more information, please contact our Education Team at 920-659-7471 or [email protected].
Click here to read our new white paper that describes a leadership framework designed to transform our healthcare industry into customer focused organizations.