The Lean Thinking Board of Directors
As you transform your organization, what transformation needs to take place with your Board of Directors? As your role of leader changes in this journey, what are the changes needed by the Board members? How does alignment extend from your Board to the front lines?
The Catalysis Transformation House identifies key components to a successful transformation. What is your Board of Directors’ role in these? Are your Board members active participants? Board involvement and participation in these key components have been a gap in many organizations’ ability to sustain gains and continue their transformation journey. Learn how to integrate your Board into your management systems to help create alignment to Vision, Strategy and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
Following the completion of this workshop, participants will be able to:
- Understand and apply the Lean Thinking Board of Directors concepts
- Board’s Role in Lean Thinking
- Creating full Organizational Line of Sight
- Continuous Improvement & Continuous Innovation
- Perform strategies to engage and educate your Board
- Board Gemba Walk
- Asking good questions
- Identify gaps within your own Board program and create a plan to develop a Lean Thinking Board of Directors
Schedule: 1-day (8:00am – 5:00pm)
Pre-reading: “Lean transformation: getting hospital boards on board” by Christine Henhoeffer
Recommended Prerequisite Sessions: None
Who Should Attend: CEOs and their Board Members and Senior Team Members