Principle-Based Executive Coaching
Is improvement part of your DNA? How do you help your leaders transform the way that they lead? Changing leaders’ behavior is hard. It takes practice and a good coach.
At Catalysis we promote the concept that ideal behaviors for enterprise excellence are derived from the principles first codified by the Shingo Institute. And we have developed an adaptable, flexible model of executive coaching to support senior leaders in their practice. The Catalysis approach consists of a combination of virtual sessions and onsite visits. Sessions begin with a meeting with each executive to develop a Personal Improvement A3 and continue with coaching modules aligned with the principles of enterprise excellence. Each onsite session may include education time (approximately 45 minutes to one hour), visits to the gemba, reflection, feedback, and homework for the following meeting, for up to six executives per day. Virtual sessions are held in teams and consist of education, discussion, and homework. It is expected that internal coaches attend the virtual sessions, so they can support executives through their assigned practice in-between sessions.
|· Personal A3 and Self- Assessment||· Constancy of Purpose||· True North (Strategic Aims)|
|· Visual Management||· Leader Standard Work||· Respect for every Individual|
|· Focus on the Process||· Scientific Thinking||· Lead with Humility|
|· Seek Perfection||· Ensure Quality at the Source||· Think Systemically|
Following completion of this coaching, participants will be able to:
- Practice the leadership behaviors necessary to support the creation and development of a principle-based improvement culture.
- Understand the systems necessary to deliver the results by relying on a set of principles and behaviors defined by the executive team.
- Engage in regular dialogue to discuss and reflect on courses of action. Practice asking questions (using a humble inquiry model) at the front line to motivate people and get results.
- Develop personal standard work which will model the principle-based behaviors required to lead and sustain a successful lean transformation.
- Be proficient in A3 thinking.
Schedule: 1-hour group education session plus 1-hour individual coaching session, either onsite or virtual
Pre-reading: Pre-reading will be assigned prior to each session and videos with education session content will be provided
Recommended Prerequisite Sessions: Principles and Behaviors of Operational Excellence, Executive Site Visit from Catalysis
Who Should Attend: CEOs and their executive team