Are you a physician leader:
- Seeking to develop capability to continue to transform and sustain culture change in your organization?
- Interested in connecting, learning, and sharing with other physician leaders?
- Looking for accountability in your personal development work?
The Physician Lean Leader Forum was developed in response to the themes above. The Forum is anchored in the belief that transformation starts with the leader and that lean is both a personal and an organizational cultural transformation.
What is it?
The Forum is an exclusive learning community for physicians who also have a leadership role in healthcare transformation. We have identified crucial leadership behaviors and competencies which are necessary to lead a successful and sustainable transformation. The Forum is a safe space to connect with others in like roles to learn, reflect, and grow.
The Forum typically meets twice a year in person (as is possible) and virtually in-between. We limit the number of participants, so that everyone can learn, share, and connect.
Initial cohort session
- Pre-read and Strengths-Based Leadership assessment
- Session (didactic, small group exercises, dialogue with peer group and experts)
- Follow-up check in on development work
There are learning and reflection activities around personal strengths. We provide a self-assessment in which key leadership behaviors are rated. Personal A3s are created, updated, and discussed. The goal is to have each leader identify focus areas for work back home.
Member-hosted (at gemba) sessions
- Go and see
- Sharing and reflecting on personal development work
- Learning and practice tailored to the needs of the Forum
- Sharing and connecting
The additional sessions include a balance of individual work and self-discovery, interpersonal skills practice and team development and support, based on the needs of the Forum members.
- Complete pre-reading or pre-work as assigned
- Work on personal A3 between sessions
- Share learnings and personal development A3 progress with group
- Prioritize attending sessions whenever possible
Healthcare transformation needs its physician leaders involved and connected. The Physician Leader Forum is an investment in personal development, which will pay exponential organizational dividends. We look forward to learning with you!
Connect with our team to learn more about the Physician Lean Leader Forum and how you can become a member.