Do you feel that your organization’s improvement efforts jump from one shiny technique or concept to another? Do you have a clear path on this journey? Have you identified where your organization needs to focus next to continue to transform? During this interactive working session, you will collaborate with your peers to develop the next level plan for your organization’s Lean Transformation.
Whether you are a beginner or several years into the journey, you will develop a plan to move your organization forward by identifying missing elements and connectivity. Founded in the principle-based architecture, this course provides a framework you can use at any point to ensure your organization is not missing any critical steps as you transform the organizational culture. Learn how to apply lessons from others about their successes and mistakes along the way.
At the end of this session, participants will be able to:
- Describe the difference between tool-based and principle-based approaches.
- Define a proven framework for principle-based lean transformation.
- Assess your organization’s lean journey against ideal systems and behaviors.
- Develop a set of guidelines for next steps using the assessment results.
- Apply learning from successes and failures of other organizations.
Faculty: Marta Karlov or Theresa Moore
Schedule: 1 day (8:00 am – 4:00 pm)
Recommended Reading: Management on the Mend: The Healthcare Executive Guide to System Transformation by John Toussaint, MD
Recommended Prerequisite Sessions: None
Who Should Attend: Clinical and nonclinical leaders across the healthcare industry